Bizarre college courses. We've no doubt gotten wind of some weird classes being offered on university campuses. But then, the university is all about academic freedom and expanding one's intellectual curiosity, right?
Without passing judgment on the merits of the courses, we offer forthwith just five such classes that TIME magazine dubbed "bizarre" in an issue published less than a year ago (for commentary about each of these classes, as well as other classes not included here, see Sources for the citation).
- "Politicizing Beyoncé," Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Department: Women & Gender Studies
- "The Sociology of Miley Cyrus," Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York. Department: Sociology
- "The Art of Walking," Centre College in Danville, Kentucky. Department: Environmental Studies
- "The Physics of Star Trek," Santa Clara University in Santa Clara, California. Department: Physics
- "Wordplay: A Wry Plod from Babel to Scrabble," Princeton University in ...
Start today. Cancel anytime.
Act now and, for just $6.99 a month or $69.95 a year, you’ll receive a full year of this valuable, sermon preparation resource.
Our convenient, continuous-subscription program ensures you'll never miss out on the inspiration you need, when you need it.
You’re never obligated to continue. Naturally, you may cancel at any time for any reason, no questions asked.