Bringing the Text to Life
At a Glance
Parents expect questions from their children that defy an answer. "Why is the sky blue?" Yet, most of these questions do, indeed, have answers. In today's gospel reading, a Roman governor asks a question that has vexed philosophers, politicians and pastors for millennia: "What is truth?" Here's our take.
For material based on today's Revelation text, see "The Unchanging Christ," November 22, 2009, at HomileticsOnline.com.
Here are a few questions gleaned from the Internet that are supposed to be impossible to answer:
- When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny?
- Which baby is the cutest ever?
- How can something be both "new" and "improved," 'cause if it's new, what was it improving on?
- What is another word for "thesaurus"?
- Would you rather be able only to whisper, or able only to shout?
- Can you cry underwater?
You can find these and many more so-called unanswerable questions...